Friday, November 11, 2011

Cowhide Chair

OMGoodness! I debated waiting to post this until the chair is sitting all pretty in our home, but I was too excited.  So this morning I posted it with preliminary photos only, but then my mom sent me photos of it in the house so now I have both! Yay!  

Remember my post about the hutch, and the beautiful cowhide rug on the floor?? No? Ok, here ya go


Yes. Now you do.  Anyhow...story goes like this: my parents move, my mom wants a cowhide chair louis XV style, my mom realizes that this will cost her like 4,000 buckaroos, my mom is extremely sad.

Fast forward; trip to IKEA!, cowhide rug for $199, himming and hawing, we make my mom get it.  At the time we knew it was the next best thing, but we also thought that maybe, somehow, it could be upholstered into a chair.

And a Dream was born.

Fast forward again; Flea market!  Remember that awesome chair frame that we got for $10!!!  It was exactly what my mom wanted.  Don't remember? Ok, here ya go...


How beautiful is that!!!

By this time we knew of an upholsterer that works for our family business.  He claimed to be the super ninja of upholsterers.  We decided to challenge this man and his oversized upholstering ego.  

But, I must say, he is more than a super ninja upholsterer.  



BAM!


So fuzzy.  Now, I haven't seen it in person, so I'm sure these photos don't even do it justice.  But here's the thing: originally we wanted the wood painted turqoise, like on my Big Beauty.  We were so dang excited though when the upholsterer said he could do it that we forgot.  So, change of plans: turqoise ottomans from urban outfitters instead. They look like this:



But go to the site to get a better looksy.



And her she is in all her glory sitting in the living room!!!

Pillow/No Pillow


For some reason she looks awkwardly tiny in this photo but it's just a bad angle.

BEAUTIFUL.

And there you have it.  The most coolest-awesome chair ever. Hawt Dog.


Oh yeah, and it only cost like $500.  Kind of a lot for a thrifter and broke college student like me, but compared to $4,000;  WHAT A STEAL!


3 comments:

  1. This Chair is FABULOUS! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! I'm speechless... I say, tape off that rug and get to crack-a-lackin' on that turquoise paint...

    ReplyDelete