Friday, March 8, 2013

Bodoni Studies


Here is some recent things I have been working on for class.  In my Intro to Typography class we just finished Unit 1, which entailed deconstructing a font.  Mine was Bodoni OS Italic.  I loved the font to begin with and have so much more appreciation for it now that I have examined it, taken it apart, created an avatar of myself with it, and maybe cussed at it.  Enjoy!

The study above involved displaying the various parts of a letter.  I had to take it apart, label it, and basically reconstruct it without it being the letter itself.  



For this study, I had to construct new letters using the existing letters.  I found out quickly that picking an italic font was not very conducive to this theme.

Creating an avatar of myself was time-consuming but so fun!  I had to create various sentences and then represent them pictorially.  

And finally, quite possibly my favorite study, was creating patterns out of my font.  Each pattern had to represent a word and its definition, such as stop or move.  It was interesting to exercise my mind in that way but really rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment